Wednesday, April 6, 2011

pretty sure this is the first poem I ever wrote :)

There is the meadow where I run
There is the fleeting song I’ve sung
There is the wind sent from the sea
There is my smile ‘midst, there is me.

No mind can touch no eye can see
What dwells from sea to sea
The sea of thought seen by only me
It is mine for eternity.

It is my secret, my self indulgence,
My hope for evermore,
Man can ruin a home, burn a fence,
Ruin the making of lore

But none can ever stop a thought
Or steal a sentence, crush a dream
It is why we fight, why all have fought
To let knowledge flow the eternal stream.

Batter a body to breathlessness
Deprive it, make it strive to hunger
Then see if it remains thoughtless
It has a soul, it is no matter.

Feed your mind with waves
Found on a learner’s shore
Give your thirst no time to crave
Become knowledge’s entrusting whore.

1 comment:

  1. yay i love you your so you and so smart and so the same and so much inside and i love knowing that part of you:)

    ReplyDelete