Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life lost, love gained
he promised wishes
but released pain
wash the dishes
clean the floor
you are mine
you are my whore
give me a kiss, I'll give you a dime
your soul I take, for all time
it was your choice, you relinquished power
give to me, you with gifts, I'll shower
when love can't exist, money buys
love I tell you, is all lies
I can't imagine life without you
you're my rock, my safety too
I sold myself to you and your ways
now I live blankly in a haze
I feel empty robbed of life
my choices have brought unwanted strife
my veins flow evenly without life
my skin is pale, my face is fake
no blood with in my soul I let you take
self-slashing there is no release
my heart, my body will never be at peace.

I lay here, without fear
safely, and with safety, I appear
my smile lifts
my troubles drift
your presence is a distant gift
you let me breathe
and wont no more
please don't leave
this vacant whore
no pressure
no questioning
honesty
imperfections
hold me close
release your peace
finally a positive release
no blood
no drug
no extravagance
just the small
happiness
a chance to laugh.
It's real, its true
because it is the here and now
no longer sad, I don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment