Wednesday, April 6, 2011

All throughout and in and out
there's noise and children all about
it hurts my ears, it hurts my head
my words were nothing to those who heard what I said

I'm done, I'm sad, I'm running away
I'll come back when it's a less dreary day
I"m scared, I'm lonely, I"m mad and fed up
I'm running to the mountain and going straight up

till i get to the top where I"ll breathe and stop
I'll breathe and sigh,
look around and back to the sky
the beauty will overwhelm my body and soul
I'll be rescued by the freedom of this black hole

my blue dress flutters in the wind, my hair blows freely
I smile and close my eyes, finally at peace completely
my chest is light my head is clear,
no darkness in this world to fear

I feel the dirt between my toes, higher than all the world, yet still on dirt I stand
I accept the wonder of this place, now I must find someone to hold my hand
my heart is light, my mind is free, I'm going to be and I'm going to be me
I set off to wherever I want to spread love, then rest beneath a pretty tree

under the tree there are red ants so I run and run so fast, I pant
the ants they bite and so I run, run and run until I can't
now I'm at a little pond so blue and clear, of it I'm fond
I drink some cold clear water, splash my face, continue onward

so now I'm at the bottom of the hill
I've gone and seen the world and still
I'm up and down and back again
writing this story with my blue pen

I went up and down to feel and heal
I went up and down to see what's real
so now I'm here and I understand
we're all friends crossing the quicksand

we get happy and mad, silly and sad
but we must hold on to each others hands
or get caught up and sink, while busy making plans
but just go up and just come down
and look at everything all around

you can smile and cry
you can live and die
you can run away and then come back
you can eat dessert first or always wear black

but remember that no matter what
you need a hand to hold-- no if, or but
and a heart to love,
and a soul with which to soar above

above the trees, above the land, all the way above the mountain too
we'll soar and fly and love and kiss, for always, me and you
till we are done and all is true, until our hearts are full and our lips are blue
then lay down in the grass to rest, once more whisper you are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment